7.5.10

Directors on set

Francois Truffaut (in the back of a 2CV!)

I LOVE each of these pictures. Directors in action. Part of me would be very, very happy to be a set stills photographer for the rest of my life. But when I look at these pictures, I truly know that being a filmmaker is what I want to do. Something about pictures like these spark some kind of excitement and inspiration in me, but it's really hard to pinpoint! I guess it just looks like good fun.
Roman Polanski (behind camera)

Rainer Fassbinder

Otto Preminger

Luchino Visconti

Martin Scorsese (with black goatee and beltbuckle)

Woody Allen (in Gilligan Hat)

Stanley Kubrick (I think this is my favorite.)

David Lynch

Agnes Varda (director of Cleo de 5 a 7)

Federico Fellini (update: No, this is my favorite. Fellini is somehow unbelievably photogenic, how is that?!)


Except for the Francois Truffaut one at the top, these are all from http://www.anneyhall.tumblr.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment