21.5.13

Inside Llewyn Davis (2013)

The Coen Brothers' latest film debuts at Cannes this week.  It stars Oscar Isaac, Carrie Mulligan, Garrett Hedlund, Justin Timberlake, and Coen regular John Goodman.  Isaac and Mulligan previously acted together alongside Ryan Gosling in 2011's Drive.  It follows folk singer Llewyn Davis as he tries to make his name in the 1960s New York folk scene.  I love the colour palette of the trailer.  It also has that soft focus look that makes it impossibly nostalgic.  The trailer seems interesting, but the end of it left me thinking about the film in a whole new light!  We assume he is a folk singer, I mean he is carrying a guitar around the whole time and telling people what he does.  The end makes it seem as though he might be a fraudster?  I could be wrong and this is not the at all the direction the film goes, but it does make it seem more interesting then just a problematic singer-songwriter trying to make a go of it.  I guess I will have to see it!  Knowing the Coens, there is surely some bizarre angle to the whole thing.  See how the trailer leaves you:




No comments:

Post a Comment