18.10.12

LINK: "40 Critically Acclaimed But Little Seen Should-be Classics"

Here's a link to a little list someone has put together about some old films that are critically acclaimed, but are forgotten.  I assumed I would have seen more than one of them, but no, I had seen only Jean-Pierre Melville's LE DEUXIEME SOUFFLE, which is also one of my favorite films!  That being said I certainly recognized a handful of them.  But if nothing else, this list underlines a point that I have been trying to make with this blog, and that is that there is a virtually bottomless supply of wonderful movies out there!  We live in a world that creates many thousands of films each year, and have been doing it for well over a century.  While this list might be a little obscure for the layperson, even for myself as a cinephile, it is a great reminder to keep one's eyes open.  If you are reading this, then you probably have an interest in film.  Do yourself a favour and go to the library and borrow films, read sites like Criterion.com (or this blog!) for ideas, or go to a film festival.  There's so much out there!

40 Critically Acclaimed But Little Seen Should-be Classics

No comments:

Post a Comment