28.9.10

TRUE GRIT (2010)



Hmm, how can I put this? I'M REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO THIS! This is a COEN BROS remake of classic old John Wayne western, where Coen Bros fave Jeff Bridges plays the John Wayne role of Marshal Reuben J. Cogburn! Very Cool. And Matt Damon plays the Glen Campbell role of LaBoeuf! (I wonder if Matt Damon will sing the theme song just like Glen Campbell did in the original?) And it co-stars/introduces Hailee Steinfeld as the assertive young Mattie Ross who hires Cogburn to find her father's killer. Now the Coens are quite talented at the comedic stylings, but it seems as though in careers as aging men they have been leaning towards the darker side of things, which looks to be where this film falls--though it should be noted that the original is fairly light-hearted so their might be some Wayne-inspired tomfoolery. Anyways, take a peek, I know lots of people will be underwhelmed, but I have faith in this film. Go Coens!

No comments:

Post a Comment